Golder provides design, engineering and environmental services to industry and governments worldwide seeking to meet the growing need for sustainable waste management systems and infrastructure.
With over 1,000 waste systems projects completed by Golder in more than 30 countries, we offer fresh thinking and proven experience in cost-effective, environmentally sound solutions to waste challenges.
We service our clients from concept to construction and recognize that design and technology are just part of a sustainable waste management solution. We also offer stakeholder strategy and public engagement services to effectively address public and regulatory concerns regarding new waste facilities.
For over 50 years, Golder's strength has been in landfill design, permitting, construction monitoring, operations support, environmental monitoring, closure and post-closure engineering services. Landfill engineering continues to be the most accessible waste solution to countries with the majority of the world's population.
Golder has the best landfill engineers in the world that make sure the design, procurement, construction and management of landfills are the best they can be. At the same time, we also work with owners and operators on suitable alternative technologies and diversion options.
Sustainable Waste Management Services
To help you achieve the optimal balance of social, economic and environmental performance with your waste management infrastructure, we offer a complete range of services including environmental monitoring, compliance, construction inspection and project management. Our services also include:
Waste Planning & Design Services
- Waste management system planning
- Technology reviews
- Lifecycle assessments of waste systems and technologies
- Carbon management
- Waste diversion (3Rs) strategies including composting and anaerobic digestion (Please see Golder's dedicated simulation software for waste management known as ADSim)
- Landfill gas capture and utilization planning and design
- Leachate management design
- Landfill mining, rehabilitation and remediation planning
- Energy from waste permitting
- Recycling and compost facility siting and permitting
- Landfill facility and permitting
- Stakeholder engagement plan and programs
- Compliance support
Construction, Operations & Maintenance Services
- Facility construction
- Construction quality assurance
- Facility operations and maintenance
- Closure and post-closure support
Urban Development & Infrastructure Expertise
Please see these additional primary services offered by Golder for sustainable urban environment and infrastructure development worldwide:
Global Network, Local Solutions.
With Golder, you have access to a global network of over 8,000 professionals located in 180 offices on six continents. Team collaboration through shared electronic work spaces, central databases and mobile workforces facilitates continuous technology and knowledge transfer.
Golder's client-focused approach assures that you have an integrated, multidisciplinary team dedicated to meeting your objectives on schedule and within budget.
Explore more about our services and other capabilities in your area and around the globe.