Golder's ground engineering and environmental specialists provide design, engineering and construction services to many of the world's most challenging transportation infrastructure projects -- from urban metro systems in many of the world's major cities to high speed railways linking countries and regions as well long range heavy and freight rail lines.
We've helped develop roads in South America and Europe, ports in Africa, road tunnels in Australia, airports in the Caribbean, bridges in Canada, canals in Asia, and transit systems and railways in the U.S. We work directly for transportation agencies and governments, and in partnership with other consulting, engineering and design/build firms.
The principles and practice of safety and sustainability permeate everything Golder undertakes, helping to ensure successful outcomes for both our clients and the communities we serve. As a result, our transportation infrastructure work consistently earns industry recognition, including the Top 100 Platinum Elite Infrastructure in Canada and “Highly Rated” Ceequal projects in the UK.
Golder is also a member of the Strategic Advisory Board for the Zofnass Programme for Sustainable Infrastructure based at Harvard University.
The following presents the highlights of our services in transportation infrastructure development.
Types of Infrastructure
- Roads, Highways and Bridges
- Freight and Passenger Rail
- Airports and Mass Transit Systems
- Marine Transport and Ports
Common Infrastructure Challenges
- Soft soils, expansive and collapsible soils, tunnelling in soft clay
- Deep excavations
- Groundwater, contaminated sites and environmental permitting
- Landslides and seismic risks
- Public and/or regulatory concerns
Complete Consulting, Engineering & Construction Services
Feasibility & Design
- Site and route selections
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Risk evaluations
- Budget and project schedule preparation
- Stakeholder engagement strategy and implementation
Engineering & Construction
- Ground engineering
- Geotechnical and rock engineering
- Contaminant site investigation and clean up
- Construction materials testing
- Air, noise and vibration monitoring
Urban Development & Infrastructure Expertise
Please see these additional primary services offered by Golder for sustainable urban environment and infrastructure development worldwide:
- Waste Management
- Land Development
- Water Resource Management
Global Network, Local Solutions.
With Golder, you have access to a global network of over 8,000 professionals located in 180 offices on six continents. Team collaboration through shared electronic work spaces, central databases and mobile workforces facilitates continuous technology and knowledge transfer.
Golder's client-focused approach assures that you have an integrated, multidisciplinary team dedicated to meeting your objectives on schedule and within budget.
Explore more about our services and other capabilities in your area and around the globe.