- Air Quality
- Atmospheric Services
- Christchurch Earthquake Recovery
- Consenting Services
- Detailed Design & Construction - Design/Build/Management
- Ecological Services
- Energy, Carbon & Climate Service
- Engineering Services
- Environment, Health & Safety & Industrial Hygiene Services
- Environmental & Social Assessment Services
- Environmental & Social Impact Assessment Services
- Environmental Management & Compliance Services
- Geochemical Services
- Ground Engineering Services
- Ground Improvement
- Groundwater Services
- Human Health & Ecological Risk Assessment Services
- Human Health & Toxicology Services
- Information Management & Graphics Services
- Managed Aquifer Recharge
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestiture & Due Diligence Services
- Mine Waste Management Services
- Natural Resources Planning & Evaluation
- Planning, Landscape Architecture & Urban Design Services
- Project Management Services
- Property Development/Redevelopment
- Resource Evaluation Services
- Site Remediation
- Strategic Planning, Advice & Management Services
- Surface Water & Hydrology Services
Ban Houayxai Feasibility Study - Geophysical Survey
Ban Houayxai, Laos
|Client||Phu Bia Mining/PanAust Limited|
|Services||Electrical Resistivity Imaging Survey|
Golder Associates New Zealand Limited were part of the geotechnical site investigation for a proposed tailings storage facility and raw water dam associated with the Phu Bia Mining Gold-Silver Project in Laos. The site geology is primarily a strong sandstone unit that exhibits `corestone` weathering, leading to a distribution of corestone boulders present within residual soil. The role of Golder Associates was to characterise the subsurface, with a view towards identifying any significant corestones. It will be necessary to ensure that foundation loads are supported by bedrock, rather than corestones.
Golder Associates had to characterise the subsurface with a view towards identifying any significant corestones. A range of Electrical Resistivity (ERI) arrays and acquisition setups were tested in order to determine the most effective and efficient approach to surveying at the site. Data collected in the field underwent preliminary processing each evening for QA/QC. This allowed for guidance of the following day`s activities.
ERI surveying was found to be effective at targeting a range of subsurface features, including clear structure, resistive laterite soils and buried corestones. Similar ERI results were observed across the survey site, implying consistent ground conditions. The results also displayed a high level of repeatability, implying that the data collected was of good quality and representative of ground conditions.
Founded in 1960, Golder quickly became an industry leader in ground engineering, soil and rock mechanics and environmental services for the...
Golder provides surface, borehole and offshore geophysical services as a cost-effective, non-intrusive approach for site investigations. The...
Ground Engineering Services
From initial investigations through to design, construction, operation and closure, Golder provides integrated geotechnical services to...
Over more than 40 years of delivering ground engineering and water management services, Golder has assembled one of the largest, and most...
Mine Waste Management Services
On a daily basis, Golder's environmental and engineering professionals work with mines around the world to design, build, operate, and close...
Natural Resources Planning & Evaluation
Golder's experience with mining clients all over the world -- from project exploration to mine development, operation and closure - offers...
Waste Management Services
For over 50 years, Golder’s strength has been in landfill design, permitting, construction monitoring, operations support,...
Golder’s Water Services Group provides you with a specialised science and environmental engineering team dedicated to delivering...