- Acoustics and Noise Control
- Air Quality
- Due Diligence for Mergers and Acquisitions
- Ecology & Biological Sciences
- EHS Compliance & Management Systems
- Energy and Renewables
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Geotechnical Engineering—Soil and Rock Mechanics/Soil, Rock, and Mining Engineering
- Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment
- Information Management
- Ore Evaluation Services
- Permitting and Stakeholder Engagement
- Project/Program Management
- Property Development/Redevelopment
- Site Remediation
- Surface Water/Sediments
- Sustainability Assessments/Sustainable Development
- Tailings Management
New Zealand Motorway Aids Urban Congestion
Auckland, New Zealand
|Client||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Services||Geotechnical Engineering, – soil and rock mechanics, soil rock and mining engineering|
The new SH20-1 Manukau Extension motorway project serves as a key connector to relieve traffic around the city centre. The 5 km (3.1 mi) motorway forms the southern gateway to the Western Ring Route skirting Auckland and is designed to bypass the city between Manukau and the North Shore and to support growth at the Auckland International Airport business zone.
Golder produced an alternative design that was determined to be more cost-effective to construct. We developed foundation designs for 12 permanent bridges, including an underpass, a flyover and two stream crossings, as well as a temporary bridge and the widening of a carriageway beneath an existing bridge.
Deep lift asphalt on cement-treated crushed rock is the pavement material and marks the first time this technology has been employed in New Zealand.
Geotechnical Engineering—Soil and Rock Mechanics/Soil, Rock, and Mining Engineering
Golder has been providing solutions to our clients’ ground engineering challenges around the world for 50 years – our geology...